Serves: 28 cookies
- 200g Blue Band margarine, cold
- 250g plain flour + extra for dusting
- 5g baking powder
- 100g castor / granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large egg yolks
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Grease several baking sheets and/or line them with baking paper.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Add the sugar, a pinch of salt, egg yolks and Blue Band margarine and mix with a wooden spoon, hand mixer or cold hands quickly into a stiff dough - don’t mix for too long.
- Wrap the dough in cling wrap and leave to rest and chill for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Dust the work surface with a little flour and roll out the dough until it is about 5 mm thick. Cut out shapes with cookie cutters and place on the baking tray. Alternatively, you can roll the dough into balls and press them down lightly on the baking tray to make simple round cookies.
- Bake in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes until cooked and lightly browned. Leave the cookies to cool on the baking tray.
- Dust with sugar to finish (optional).