- 300g Blue Band
- 250g Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract/essence
- Pinch of salt(If using unsalted butter/margarine)
- 5 Eggs
- 380g Plain flour
- 4Tsp Baking Powder
- 3 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF. Grease a rectangular/square tin and line with a greaseproof paper or simply dust with a thin coat of flour.
- Place the Blue Band in a bowl and beat till smooth then stir in the sugar and vanilla extract till thickened and smooth.
- Add the eggs one at a time whisking vigorously each time before the next.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into the butter and egg mixture and mix well until all the flour is not visible.
- Scoop off 2/3 of the cake batter into a baking tin. Add the cocoa to the remaining cake batter to make the chocolate batter. Add to the white batter and using a spoon swirl the two mixtures to form the marble effect.
- Bake for about 25 minutes when using a large rectangular pan or until the cake has browned on top and firm when pressed at the centre. You can also check by dipping a small knife or toothpick at the centre or the cake, which should come out dry when ready.
- Leave to cool in the tin for about 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack. Divide accordingly and dust with icing sugar.