- 700g Mandazi Flour/Self Raising Flour
- 3 tbsp Blue Band
- 6 tbsp Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Coconut Milk/ Regular Milk
- 1-2 tbsp Cardamon powder
- 300ml Sweetened whipped cream
- Chocolate sauce/melted chocolate
- In a suitable bowl, mix the flour and the Blue Band using your fingers until it resembles bread crumbs. Mix in the Cardamon powder and sugar.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg into the coconut milk.
- Make a well at the centre of the flour and add the milk and egg mixture and slowly mix to form a dough.
- Knead the dough for 3-4 minutes or until it stops sticking to the sides of the bowl and you have a smooth surface.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Roll the dough on a lightly floured surface into a 1/2 cm thick piece.
- Using a sharp small knife, cut the dough into small squares or the desired shape and size setting aside ready for deep frying.
- Heat your oil in a suitable pot and gently dip the mandazi pieces to cook until light brown on the first side then turn to cook on the second side.
- When ready, transfer to a paper towel lined bowl and fry the remaining pieces.
- Allow for the mandazi to cool down then, make a small cut at the centre of each piece where you will stuff them with the whipped cream.
- Arrange on a plate and drizzle the mandazi with some chocolate sauce if available and enjoy as a dessert.